Love Statement Brooch Hand Painted Ceramic Jewelry
"Love" says it all, and very sweetly too, in a large colorful boho brooch painted to resemble primitive stitch work.
A multicolor trio of unique charms - 2 hearts and a glove - dangle from a long porcelain bar with the statement in black against a light blue background. On each side red "patchwork" hearts and black and white checkerboards embrace the message, and around the edges a yellow border encloses it all.
Below the bar, the first heart has a red outline around a blue and white check pattern; for the center heart a lacy "doily" surrounds a yellow center with a red and green tulip gracing the middle; the hand shaped charm has a dainty pink heart on a pastel blue background.
The front finish is semi-glossy, while all the back are unglazed white.
Everything about this piece says: "Handmade" and "One of a Kind!"
- Bohemian / Retro Hippie
- Wabi Sabi ( purposefully mismatched, asymmetrical, stylized, perfectly imperfect )
- Funky Romantic / Humorous
- Light Hearted / Casual / Mod
- Measurements ( approximate ):
- Bar - 3 3/8 inches wide by 3/4 inch high
- Hearts - 1 inch long x 3/4" wide; 1 1/4 inch long x 1" wide
- Glove - 1" long x 5/8" wide
- Packaged weight: 5 ounces
- Partially glazed ceramics
- Nontoxic, eco-friendly paint, glaze and jeweler's glue
- Silver tone metal connector rings and hinged pin back
- Provenance: Late 20th century, private collection
- Mint, like new, never worn
- Note: Any small spots or irregularities are in the manufacture and under the glaze, rather than chips, cracks or crazing.
Miranda says: Think Christmas Stocking Stuffers for fun loving woman; Valentine' Days for her; Mother's Day for Mom and Grandmother.
To continue shopping with us -> Miranda Mercantile Antiques and Vintage Treasures