Modernist Art Earrings Purple Green and Gold with Stud Posts
Reminiscent of the paintings of the American Modernist Movement, these unusual earrings showcase a highly stylized artist's concept of green and purple underwater flora: flowers, leaves, branches and roots - rendered in a bold play of light and shadow.
The design is vividly depicted on the glossy front surface of domed triangles with their curved edges bordered in bright gold. On the concave backs, the pattern appears, reversed and in muted colors with a matte finish. The posts are attached near the apex of each triangle.
- Styles and Fashion Statements:
- Retro Mod
- 20th Century Expressionist
- Aquatic Plants / Jungles / Woodlands / Forest Trees
- Approximate Measurements:
- Vertical length (top point to center bottom) - 1 inch
- Width (point to point across at base) - 7/8"
- Condition: Aside from several small age related discolorations on the gold lower edge of one earrings and slight signs of wear on the backs, this pair is in very good vintage condition.
- Like all our vintage items, they have been meticulously cleaned and sanitized, and the original stud nuts have been replaced with brand new gold plated butterfly back clamps.
- Package Weight: 3 ounces
- Miranda says: The earrings appear to have a glass or acrylic base onto which the artwork has been painted or printed. Slight variations in curvature and dimensions, and the absence of a makers mark, suggest that this pair may have been individually crafted by hand. Based on the modish avant garde styling and cool palette, my best guess is that they were created during the 1970s.
These earrings are eligible for shipping via First Class Mail.
For faster delivery, you may choose the Priority Mail option, available at a reduced rate.