American Drama in Paris, 1945 to 1970 , 1973 Lewis W. Falb
American Drama in Paris, 1945 - 1970 A Study of Its Critical Reception, 1973 by Lewis W. Falb analyses the reception in Paris of three 20th century American Playwrights:
(!) Eugene O'Neill, Tennessee Williams and Arthur Miller
(2) Next a briefer interest in Maxwell Anderson, Kaufman and Hart, Lillian Hellman, Sidney Kingsley, Clifford Odets, William Saroyan, Robert Sherwood, John Steinbeck and Thornton Wilder from "the Old Guard."
(3) From the Sixties Falb considers Edward Albee, Murray Schigal, Arthur Kopit, Leroy Jones and the LIving Theater.
(4) To show the popularity of American theater in Paris Falb discusses musical comedies and a dozen of the longest running plays in Paris.
Particularly interesting in this book are the four Appendices:
One on the translation of lines in certain plays that indicates the problems inherent in translation.
A Chronology of American play productions in France
A List of Dramatic Adaptations of American Works other than Plays
Length of Run of American Plays in Paris
An interesting book for the international spirit!
This hardcover First Edition book is in very good condition -- no marks, no tears, strong firm binding, No discernible shelf wear. Only signs of age are in slight foxing and page handling.
The book measures 5 1/2 inches by 8 3/4 inches by 3/4 inch and has 181 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.