Free Southern Theater 1969 Eds Dent & Schechner First Edition Hardcover Book
Free Southern Theater By the Free Southern Theater, 1969 was edited by Thomas C. Dent, Richard Schechner and Gilbert Moses. This copy is a First Edition Hardcover.
This is a "documentary of the South's radical black theater, with journals, letters. poetry, essays and a play written by those who built it." None of this has been previously published. Most of it deals with the years of 1965-1967.
It includes 20 full page black and white photographs and a map. It is divided into SIX parts:
Purlie and Godot,
In White America and The Rifles of Senora Carrar,
Departures and Tom Dent's Journal
Boots and Epilogues
This book is in good condition--no marks, no tears, firm binding. Only the top of the dust jacket spine sows a few tears and shelf wear.
The book measures 5 3/4 inches by 8 1/2 inches by 1 inch and has 233 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.