Lion of the West Retitled The Kentuckian, or A Trip to New York, 1954 James Kirke Paulding
Lion of the West and Retitled The Kentuckian, or A Trip to New York was first written by James Kirke Paulding in 1830, revised in 1831 for its first production in April 1831 then revised again in 1832.
There are five illustrations in this Limited Edition publication.
James N. Tidwell's first edited publication in 1954 of Paulding's play provides an admirable introduction to the fascinating history of this successful theatrical work which also underwent revisions by John Augustus Stone and William Bayle Bernard, both major 19th century playwrights in the history of American drama.
This copy of Tidwell's Limited Edition, a stapled paperback book, is in good condition. Other than two check marks in the margin of the introduction, there are no marks and no tears.
The booklet measures 5 1/2 inches by 8 1/2 inches and has 64 page
This book ships via First Class Mail.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.