Valiant, one act melodrama, 1920 Holworthy Hall and Robert Middlemass
Valiant is a one act melodrama written in 1920 by Holworthy Hall and Robert Middlemass.
A tremendously popular one-act play with amateur theater groups during the second quarter of the 20th century, it has an interesting history:
Published as a story in McClure's Magazine in 1921,
it was a successful play by 1924 in vaudeville and with amateur theater groups,
briefly hit Broadway in 1926,
became a movie in 1929 (talkie) starring Paul Muni and Marguerite Churchill,
appeared as a Spanish Language film in 1930,
was reproduced as a film with Lloyd Nolan in 1940 under the tltle of The Man Who Wouldn't talk in 1940
--and is still popular with theater groups.
This copy is in fine condition--no makes or tears, slight shelf wear. It measures 4 3/4 inches by 7 1/4 inches and has 44 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.