Masterworks Musee des Beaux Arts Lille France, 1992 Exhibition Bulletin
Masterworks Musee des Beaux Arts in Lille France 1992 presents an Exhibition Bulletin for an exhibit at the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art, October 27, 1992 to January 17, 1993.
This exhibition bulletin contains nearly 100 works of art highlighting the impressive collections of this little known French museum. Originally, it was part of a network of regional museums established in 1801 by Napoleon.
This beautiful book with 194 illustrations, 110 in color, is introduced with a panoramic survey of the museum, followed by essays exploring its history and holdings.
More than 40 of the museum's celebrated paintings - Rubens' Descent from the Cross, Delacroix's Medea About to Murder Her Children, for example - and more than 50 drawings are beautifully reproduced to suggest the development of the particular work and the richness of the Lille's collection.
This colorful art book is 324 pages long and measures 9 1/4 inches by 11 3/4 inches by 1 1/4 inch, with a blue hardcover and lettering in gold. The colorful dust jacket is in excellent condition, as is the book. Mint condition. First edition.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.