Music and Poetry in a Colombian Village, 1983 George List
Music and Poetry in a Colombian Village, 1983 by George List, ethnomusicologist and folklorist, discovers, studies and minutely illustrates the music and poetry of Evitar a lost village in Costa Atlantica in the Department of Bolfvar of Colombia.
It is a First Edition signed by List (1911-2008) who discovered Evitar in 1964.
In what must be described as his magnum opus, George List, eminent ethnomusicologist, has written a model for the kind of study of music in one particular area. This is all the more remarkable in that Professor List was made blind with glaucoma in 1977. His study creates, he believed, a microcosm of the folk culture of the area in Colombia.
This book is undoubtedly a treasure for the student of ethnomusicology who is interested in this area of South America. It measures 6 1/4 inches by 9 1/2 inches by 1 3/4 inches and has 601 pages of minutely supported scholarship. All is organized under sections on Context, Methodology, Music and Poetry and Synthesis. There are 78 figures and photographs, 71 transcriptions and 36 tables.
The book is in very good condition, no marks, no tears. A first edition signed by the author for a helper and friend.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.