Age and Stage of George L. Fox 1825 to 1877, 1988 Laurence Senelick
The Age and Stage of George L. Fox,1825-1877, 1988 by Laurence Senelick is an illustrated biography of America's most versatile 19th century clown actor. Emphasizing Fox's exemplary career as "the funniest man of his time" in terms of America's mid-century society, Senelick shows how Fox's acting reflects those troublesome years.
Starting in Puritanical Boston playing everything from Hamlet to Humpty Dumpty, Fox reached his great success as a comedian, a clown and a man whose remarkable ability was to amuse America in good times and bad.
A review copy, this book, except for slight foxing, is in very good condition. The dust jacket is about as good as new. The book measures 6 1/4" x 9 1/2" x 1 1/4" and has 286 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.