American Children Through their Books 1700 to 1835, 1948 Monika Kiefer
American Children through their Books 1700-1835, 1948, by Monika Kiefer with a foreword by Dorothy Canfield Fisher reveals the changing status of the American child through the Colonial and National Periods by examining the various attitudes in juvenile literature.
Illustrated by reproductions from publications of periods. Chapter titles such as "War with the Devil," "The Art of Decent Behavior" and "Learning Divers Sorts" indicate the approach of the author.
First edition! The book measures 6 and 1/8 inches by 9 1/2 inches by 1 inch and has 248 pages.
The lower right hand corner of page 97/98 has been torn off, but is included. Otherwise, this book is in very good condition. Firm in every way, a little browning on all pages, no markings and slight signs of shelf wear.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.