The Brothers Shubert, 1968 Jerry Stagg First Edition
The Brothers Shubert, A half-century of Show Business and their Fabulous Empire, 1968 by Jerry Stagg is illustrated with 54 pages of Photographs of Famous Theatrical Personalities and Productions.
Icons of the theater world, the Shubert Brothers provide an education in American theater history worth reading--and having.
The three brothers --Samuel, Jacob and Lee--came to New York in 1900 and a quarter century later were worth almost half a billion dollars. In the process they revolutionized the business of "the theater." Jerry Stagg, a native New Yorker, writer, broadcaster and producer, tells it all.
This copy, first edition and first printing, is in very good condition. The dust jacket is ragged at the binding, but the only slight problem is that the final page is nearly filled with some reviewers' notes. Otherwise--no tears, no marks. The book measures 6 1/4 inches by 9 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inch and has 431 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.