Souvenir Program Shubert Production of The Merry Widow
General Souvenir Program of the Shubert Production of The Merry Widow is from the 1940s National Tour engagement of the Franz Lehar' Viennese Operetta as "streamlined" by Rowland Leigh and Randolph Carter. It was published by The Program Publishing Company, 1472 Broadway, NYC.
This particular program was saved from a mid-1940s performance, probably 1945-46.
The 13 page program has these features :
- The Story of the Merry Widow
- Franz Lehar's "The Merry Widow" (2 page essay)
- Full page production photograph
- Franz Lehar (2 page essay)
- Cast of characters and Musical numbers
- One page of the music from "Merry Window Waltz" Copyright 1934
- When Franz Lehar Composed Grand Operas (3 pages)
- back cover photo of Lehar
The program measures 9 inches by 12 inches.