Vintage English Postcards Hyde, England UK set of 2
Set of 2 Vintage Postcards of Hyde, England in the 1950s.
"Market Street and the Town Hall, Hyde" depicts a street scene with pedestrians, Harrods department store, automobiles, a bicyclist, a baby pram, all overseen by the dome shaped clock tower.
"Mottram Old Road, Hyde" shows a semi-rural lane bordered by stone walls, with a pretty house, leafy trees and shrubs. On the left side of the road, which led to the Pennines, was a "Penny Slot" - a shortcut through a stone wall to the surrounding fields.
Each black and white photo card measures 5-1/2 inches x 3-1/2 inches, with glossy finish. Never used, both are in good vintage condition, with some indications of handling and a bit of age related sepia tone, but no marks or tears. The Mottram Old Road card has some oxidizing of the finish, as shown in the images.
The last image shows the blank reverse sides of both cards.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.