Souvenir Programmme Wedding of Princess Margaret Westminster Abbey 6 May 1960
Approved Souvenir Programme published by Gracious Permission of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother The Wedding of Her Royal Highness The Princess Margaret and Mr. Antony Armstrong-Jones in Wesmonster Abbey 6 May 1960.
(1) photographs of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness Prince Philip and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother
(2) Foreword by His Royal Highness the Duke of Gloucester
(3) photographs of Princess Margaret and Antony Armstrong-Jones
(4) A Prayer for This Glad Morning by John Masefield, Poet Laureate
(5) essay Princess Margaret's Wedding by Sir Arthur Bryant
(6) essay The Bride by Dermot Morrah with six photographs
(7) two page well detailed Map of the route of the Wedding Procession
(8) essay The Bridegroom by Dermot Morrah with two photographs
(9) Ceremonial details of the invited guests, the procession of the Clergy within the Abbey, Procession of the Bride, Processions out of the Abbey, BBC Broadcasting Arrangements
(10) The Marriage Service by His Grace the Archbishop of Canterbury, Marriage, The Form of Solemnization of Matrimony
(11) photographs and comment on Royal Margarets
(12) final informal picture of bride and groom
This staple bound souvenir programme measures 7 inches by 9 1/2 inches and has 32 pages. It has been well but carefuly handled over the past 59 years. Dampness has caused a few pages to stick in one spot in upper edge, and the cover has been half torn at its binding.
The glossy photographs and pages are well preserved and as clear as ever.
A beautiful souvenir of a memorable event in English history.