Sterling Silver Teardrop Pendant with Red Jasper Cabochon
This vintage pendant, handmade during the mid- to late 20th century, features an oval gemstone cab of russet red jasper bezel set against a sterling silver teardrop.
- Styles, Influences and Statements:
- Art Deco ( Arte Moderne Movement )
- Mid- 20thC Modern / Mod
- Minimalist / Simple
- Casually Elegant
- The pendant measures approximately 1 1/4 inch long by 3/4 inch wide, with an attached matching jump ring adding about 1/8" at the top.
- The bezel setting is just over 3/4" long and approx. 9/16" wide, with the visible slightly rounded dome of the brick red stone 5/8" in length and 1/2" across.
- As seen in the last two photos, the back is stamped: "Sterling Hand Made"
- Miranda says:
- The workmanship is very good, and the cabochon of excellent quality. In terms of craftsmanship, the piece does not appear to be the work of a professional jeweler - more likely it is a unique design handcrafted by an independent ( indie ) artisan. Whether more pendants of this same design were created, I do not know.
- The cabochon is like new, with no chips, scratches or natural imperfections.
- Its colors, streaks and striations are typical of the stone, ranging from deep dark oxblood to warm brick red with spashes of light gray-mauve.
- There are signs of wear to the metalwork:
Suggestions of antiquing or natural oxidization on the front surface and around the outer base of the bezel.
Scratches on the back.
- Packaged weight: 3 ounces