Critical and Miscellaneous Writings , 1867 second edition Theodore Parker
Critical and Miscellaneous Writings , 1867 second edition by Theodore Parker (1810 - 1860) reveals the very liberal religious views of this American transcendentalist and reformer. Influenced by Ralph Waldo Emerson, Parker wrote and preached fervently on Christianity, morality, slavery, labor and other such subjects.
An ardent abolitionist, supporter of John Brown, Parker's writings influenced Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr. Among current liberals and millennials in America, Parker's popularity is growing.
February is Black History Month!
This copy of his writings is in only fair condition as the photos show--damaged spine, front flyleaf missing, and binding showing weakness at front and rear.
HOWEVER, beyond that external weakness, the text is very strong, the binding tight, pages browned but all firmly and securely bound together. The weakness of the book rests only in the attachment (yet still secure) of cover to text.
The book measures 5 inches by 7 3/4 inches by 1 inch and has 400 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.