Man's Fate (La Condition Humaine), 1933 Andre Malraux Illustrated edition 1984
Andre Malraux (1901-1976) wrote Man's Fate (La Condition Humaine) in 1933. Translated into English in 1934 Man's Fate was republished as years passed as a recognized masterpiece of the 20th century. This 1984 edition features an inspired Foreword by John Leonard and eight illustrations by Madeline Sorel.
Always interested in politics and having lived in China and experienced the Revolution there since 1923, Malraux set his novel in Shanghai in 1927. Inspired by what he saw, his work foreshadows the world to come.
This copy of Man"s fate is 359 pages long and measures 5 3/4 inches by 8 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches. The dust jacket is slightly torn along the top. All in all in good condition.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.