Treasury of The World's Great Letters, 1940 Edited M. Lincoln Schuster
"Letters make the most interesting reading in the world --especially other people's."
World's Great Letters, 1940 is a collection of dozens of letters,
all carefully introduced with biographical backgrounds, historical settings and consequences --
- from ancient Greece to modern America,
- from Alexander the Great to George Bernard Shaw,
- showing emotions from anger and duplicity to compassion and love,
- revealing history, testimonials, passions and explanations,
- which will educate, amuse, astound, clarify and please readers.
A book to enjoy for an hour, a weekend or a lifetime in your library.
- The singular fascination of this collection of letters is tremendously enhanced by the impressive introductions to each letter or series of letters by the editor, Lincoln Schuster, whose understanding and intimate knowledge of the writers, so pleasantly expressed, makes the letters come alive in the reader's mind.
Lord Byron adds, "I forgot to say that one of the pleasures of reading old letters is the knowledge that they need no answer."
This book is in excellent, mint condition. It measures 6 inches by 9 1/4 inches by 1 3/4 inches and has 563 pages. It is a first edition: world s great letters
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.