Development of the Drama, 1927 Brander Matthews
The Development of the Drama, 1927 by Brander Matthews examines Western Drama from Greek, Roman and Medieval times to the theaters in Spain, England, France and America from their rude beginnings to their present (1900) perplexities.
This is a well informed and early assessment of western world drama by a notable American scholar. The ten chapters of his book treat:
The Art of the Dramatist,
Greek and Roman Comedy,
The Medieval Drama,
The Drama of Spain,
The Drama of England,
The Drama of France,
The Drama in the 18th Century,
The Drama in the 19th Century, and
The Future of the Drama.
This book was first published in 1903 and was frequently reprinted as demand required. This copy is in good condition. The binding is secure; there is some browning; there are names of two previous owners on the back of the front cover and on the flyleaf. The book measures 5 1/4 inches by 7 1/2 inches by 1inch and has 351 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.