In response to the uncertainty surrounding online shopping during the COVID-19 pandemic, we at all The Shops and Galleries on Prospero Lane want you to know what steps we are taking to help ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers.
- All products in our Shops and Galleries are stored, designed and/or created in a sanitary environment, crafted, handled and packaged by clean hands. Since March 11th, although we have shown no symptoms of illness, our shopkeepers have maintained voluntary self-isolation in our home and in-house workshop.
- All incoming and outgoing packages are arrive at and depart from a well aired facility; we do come into direct contact with anyone who leaves or removes items.
- Having received deliveries, we wear masks and clean all packaging prior to bringing it into the shop. We then wash our hands, and let package contents to "air out" for several days to allow any contaminants to dissipate before we handle them.
- For your purchases, we use brand new mailers or boxes, always washing our hands to be sure that your packages are safe and well sanitized at the time of pick-up.
- Please remember that, once an order had departed our facility, we have no control over the way it is handled; many diverse hands may touch your package while in transit. We know that there are some statements being made by some sources, refuting the need to sanitize packages you receive. Nevertheless, taking the "better safe than sick" approach, we do recommend that you practice our same procedure, as explained above.
- We do not advise attempting to sanitize your newly arrived products from our shops yourself, as some items ( jewelry, books, papers and the like) may be damaged by water, soap, bleach and other agents. If worried that an item you receive from us, or from any other vendor, may not be safe to handle, we suggest letting it "air" for several days prior to using it.
We want to thank all of you for your forbearance during these difficult days. We pray that everybody will be safe, well and patient during this crisis - and going forward, whatever our future may hold.