7 Pamphlets American Dramatists Biography: Thomas Wolfe, Paul Green, Preston Jones & 4 more
This set of Seven short paperback pamphlets, biographies of American Dramatists - Thomas Wolfe, Paul Green, Lynn Riggs, David Henry Hwang, Joaquin Miller, Preston Jones and Lanford Wilson - significant Western and Southern American playwrights from the mid to late 20th century.
- Western Writers Series:
- Preston Jones, 1983, No. 58 by Mark Busby, 52 pages
- Joaquin Miller, 1980, No. 43 by Benjamin S Lawson, 52 pages
- David Henry Hwang, 1989, No. 90 by Douglas Street, 51 pages
- Lanford Wilson, 1987, No. 81 by Mark Busby, 52 pages
- Southern Writers Series:
- Paul Green, 1970, No. 10 by Walter S Lazenby, 44 pages
- Thomas Wolfe, 1969, No. 9 by Ladell Payne, 43 pages
- Lynn Riggs, 1970, No. 29 by Thomas A Erhard, 44 pages
Each booklet give the important facts of the writer but with a distinctive flair that makes these little biographies a quick reference and rewarding reading. There is the insight to the writer as well the area bias of each area, making each book distinctive and memorable.
All these stapled paperbacks are in good, firm vintage condition, with no more than normal shelf wear, no tears and, with the exception of a date and a name written in the inside front cover of the Preston Jones book, no marks. The books all measure 5 1/2 inches by 8 inches by 1/8 inches. The Western Writers Series editions feature drawings of the relevant dramatist on the front covers.
A nice collectible set for fans of American authors, literature and drama.
Be special request, we will break this set for you; please inquire for details in advance. Thank you.