A Century of English Farce, 1956 Leo Hughes
Century of English Farce, 1956, a first edition, by Leo Hughes provides "A Study of Farce and Low Comedy in the English Theatre from the Restoration to the Middle of the Eighteenth Century."
Considering the casual to malevolent use of the term "farce" since the 1600s, presents an intelligent, scholarly and balanced approach to the drama genre that enlightens the spirited reader and theatergoer.
This copy is in very good condition, no marks or tears, firm binding and marred only by a partially removed name on the reverse of the front cover. The dust jacket has a top raw edge, but is in fine shape.
The book measures 5 3/4 inches by 8 3/4 inches by 1 inch and has 307 pages., a first edition, by
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.