Actors and American Culture, 1880-1920, 1984 Benjamin McArthur
Benjamin McArthur's Actors and American Culture, 1880-1920, 1984 provides national and racial backgrounds to the social scene of this period plus stressing the effects of Alcoholism, Feminism, Movies and such. First Edition. Hard cover.
Promoting a Golden Age of American Theater with acting icons such as Booth, Jefferson, Drew, Barrymore and Maude Adams, McArthur's study reveals the power struggles and social problems as a profession is created in a volatile society.
An interesting historical study in cultural diversity!
This book is in very good condition--no marks, no tears, a dust jacket of quality protecting a book which shows almost no signs of shelf wear and very slight foxing. The book measures 6 1/4 inches by 9 11/4 inches by 1 inch and has 290 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.