Alpaca Silver & Abalone Shell Earrings
Set flush in a background of jet black enamel, colorful teardrops of iridescent abalone shell radiate in a flower or starburst from the mother of pearl centers of large domed discs of Mexican Alpaca silver. to create each of these enchanting vintage earrings.
The statement is big and bold, with the magical glow and mystical chatoyant aura that only these seashells can provide. The cool colors - shades of turquoise, blue, purple and green - seem to shift and flash in the changing light and with the swinging movement of the dangling disks.
- Approximate Dimensions:
- Overall earring length - 2 1/8 inches
- Dangle drops - 1 3/8 inch long by 1 1/4" wide ( circular pendant diameter)
- Vintage: 1960s* Silver jewelry made in Mexico
- Styles and Influences:
- Astral / Stellar / Celestial / Cosmic
- Beach / Nautical / Seaside
- Miranda says:
- The face of each earring is in like new, mint condition; there are no chips, scratches or other imperfections.
- The reverse sides, while retaining their highly polished silvery shine, show some spots of age-related discoloration, and the "Alpaca Mexico" stamped identifiers are legible but worn down.
- *I base the dating of these earrings on the state of wear on their backs, as well as on the size of the design.
- For your safety and comfort, we have meticulously cleaned and sanitized each piece and have replaced the original ear wires with new silver tone steel hooks.