American Drama in Social Context, 1971 Morris Freedman
American Drama in Social Context, 1971 by Morris Freedman analyses the plays of Major American Dramatists in a Framework of Social Value:
Eugene O'Neill, Arthur Miller, Tennessee Williams, Edward Albee, T. S. Eliot, Arthur Kopit and LeRoi Jones plus many others.
First edition! Hard cover.
Such concerns as Puritanism, Jewishness, minority problems, liberal impulses in musicals, violence and shock overlay Freeman's evaluation.
This book is in very good vintage condition-- no marks, no tears, strong binding, very little shelf wear, some wear on binding ends of dust jacket plus one slight tear on the reverse. The pages generally show some browning with age, and there is a strange red discoloration of the top of the pages as viewed looking down.
The book measures 5 inches by 8 1/2 inches by 3/4 inch and has 143 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.