American Theatre, John Anderson; Motion Picture in America, Rene Fulop-Miller, 1938
Live theater and the Movies: American Theatre by John Anderson and Motion Picture in America by Rene Fulop-Miller, 1938 combines distinctive histories plus 246 pages of b/w and color photos of Film and Stage scenes and personalities, approximately 450 photos and illustrations.
A great coffee table book! Distinctive color and black and white photographs!
This publication provides an interesting and fascinating design concept. The American Theatre An Interpretive History by Anderson , pp 5 to 100, runs from Colonial Birth Pains through The Apprentice, to Maturity.
The Motion Picture in America A History in the Making by Fulop-Miller, pp. 105 to 189, features short chapters on The Butcher The Baker The Candlestick Make, Business Goes Artistic, Making Silk Purses Out of Sows Ears, The Wishing Machine, The Plot Formula, The Comedy Drama, Technical Developments, The Battle Against Verisimilitude and the Future. These are followed by Photographic Section The American Theatre, pp. 193 to 317, and Photographic Section The Motion Picture in America, pp. 321 to 422.
This is really a remarkable book!
With bibliography and index, these well illustrated short histories of the living stage in America and the developing movie industry feature American theater artists becoming accepted on the world theatrical stages while competing in both concept and personnel with the rapidly advancing field of film entertainment.
The book measures 8 1/2 inches by 11 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches and has 430 pages.
The book is in good vintage condition. The book shows shelf wear on the edges of the cover which has a one and three-quarter inch slit on the binding and a five eights inch tear at the top of the binding. The front inside cover shows weakness and the pages are browning, but there are no tears or marks.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.