Book of Words Pageant of Italian Renaissance, 1909 Thomas Wood Stevens
Book of Words A Pageant of The Italian Renaissance, 1909 by Thomas Wood Stevens plus a Preliminary Edition Pageant of the Renaissance (no date, no author), both paperback, are bound together. With electrician's friction tape and a Pamphlet Binder, these two works are bound together. Someone has written in the "Preliminary Edition" "by Thomas Wood Stevens."
THIS is a RARE and exceptional illustration of American pageantry! An exceptional find for any scholar of pageantry or interested person.
The first copy of Book of Words A Pageant of the Italian Renaissance by Thomas Wood Stevens, Copyright 1909 was published by the Society of the Antiquarians of the Art Institute. It indicates that this pageant was produced at the Art Institute of Chicago January 26 & 27, 1909.
This is a paperback with a colorful cover, a number of wood cuts, two in red, which measures 6 inches by 9 1/4 inches by 3/8 inch and has 85 pages. The cover is poorly attached to the glued binding, but there are no marks or tears. The back paper cover has a ragged edge.
This second paperback entitled "Preliminary Edition Book of Words Pageant of the Renaissance" is both glued and stapled, but the plain brown cover is loose. There is no publishing information. It measures 6 inches by 8 3/4 inches by 1/4 inch and has 66 pages. It is, however, in fine condition: browned pages , of course, but clear, non marks, no tears.
Stevens (1880-1954) was a prominent writer and director of pageants in early 20th century America. He developed the first in the nation academic theater program at Carnegie Institute while actively writing and directing pageants, as did George P. Baker at Yale and Frederick Koch at the University of NC. Stevens also collaborated with Percy Mackaye in creating the Masque of Saint Louis with 7000 participants.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.