Booth Tarkington On Plays Playwrights Playgoers, 1959 Editor Alan S. Downer
On Plays, Playwrights, and Playgoers, 1959, edited by Alan S. Downer consists of Selections of Letters by Booth Tarkington to George Tyler and John Peter Toohey, 1918 - 1925. This a first edition.
There are 13 black and white production photos from Tarkington plays featuring Helen Hayes, Alfred Lunt and Leslie Howard.
The purpose of the book was to promote the acquisition of these letters by the Princeton University Library. It also, however, shows clearly the efforts of a successful novelist and playwright to discover new subject matter and techniques for dramas to promote the careers of such new actors as Hayes, Lunt and Howard.
This copy has a dust jacket with a serious tear and shelf wear, but the green cloth book is in fine condition, marred only by the partial removal of a book plate. The book has 100 pages and measures 6 1/4 inches by 5/8 of an inch by 9 1/2 inches.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.