Bringing Up Father, 1929 Geo. McManus Popular Classic Comic Strip
Bringing Up Father, 1929 written by Geo. McManus was a popular Classic comic strip in the 1920sand 1930s. Antique, perhaps rare, certainly vintage 1st edition.
Maggie was a former washerwoman and Jigs an ex mason who hit the jackpot. Maggie's abuse of Jigs who was always dodging something was the comic base.
This vintage copy is in fair condition. A 10 inch by 10 inch paper publication, its stapled binding is nearly detached, but the stapled text is firm and strong. One page has a tear, and an eager child with a box of crayons has enjoyed himself on several pages. There is also a written comment from a young owner of the distant past.
Pages are not numbered. I count 46 pages plus the cover which has publishing information on the reverse sides.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.