Chinese Conception of Theatre, 1985 Tao-Ching Hsu
Chinese Conception of the Theatre, 1985 by Tao-Ching Hsu, presents theatre history, play plots and discussions of impersonation, acting, dialogue, poetry and music in an extraordinarily thorough manner.
The author embellishes his comprehensive history with four helpful fold-outs, numerous line drawings, 18 pages of beautiful full color photographs, numerous detailed notations and Chinese characters when necessary.
This 685 page history is organized in five parts:
- The Chinese Theatre of To-day (today)
- The Artistry of the Chinese Theatre
- The History of the Chinese Theatre
- The Heritage of the Chinese Theatre
- The Chinese and the European Theatre
This is a massive study (7 1/2 inches by 10 inches by 2 1/2 inches) which should be a permanent item in any library of Asian performing arts. Outstanding photographs! Impressive details!
This copy is in good condition with only slight signs of age. Without the dust jacket the book appears near new, although to look straight at the closed pages foxing is beginning to show. The dust jacket is in near new condition; the binding is firm and the text clean, except for a three word marginal comment in the Table of Contents.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.