Chronological Outline of World Theatre, 1992 Walter J Meserve. Mollie Ann Meserve
A Chronological Outline of World Theatre by Walter J Meserve and Mollie Ann Meserve, 1992 is a paperback global reference source for theatre buffs, historians and researchers in drama history.
This red and white book with Harlequin on the front cover, notes the progress of dramatic stage entertainment - tragedy, comedy, melodrama, farce, dance, puppetry - in conjunction with major world historical events beginning in Egypt around the year 3000 B.C. and developing into the last years of the 20th century.
The very limited narrative simply points toward the timeline/chart organization to show the development and trends of live theatrical performance, organized by date from the earliest times and from all major cultures, nations and societies around the world. Plays, playwrights, social influences, historical events are shown in chronological juxtaposition.
For example, who was writing in Spain when Shakespeare's plays were originally performed in England? What was happening in Europe when the first recorded play was performed in the "New World"? What kind of theater were the Chinese enjoying during the Italian Renaissance? You find this kind of information in this book!
The objective of the book is to provide a global reference for theatrical activity!
The 144 page resource book measures 9 inches by 7-1/4 inches by 3/8 inch and includes sketches of various stages and an inclusive index to people, play titles and dramatic literary forms. Copies are new, mint condition.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.