Dance on the High Wire, 1979 Jed Harris
Dance on the High Wire Recollections of a Time and a Temperament, 1979 is the title Jed Harris gave to his fascinating if rambling thoughts about his past life and accomplishments as a very successful Broadway theater director during the 1920s and 1930s.
The book has 4 pages of photographs of Harris (1900-1979). It is a First Edition.
Harris doesn't even pretend that a Table of Contents might be helpful, nor an index, because he simply provides interesting theater talk, and if you want to know the people he talked to, Read the Book.
And if you enjoy listening to "theater talk" and are at all interested in the 1925-1945 period, you have found your weekend's pleasure. It has many memories. The publisher calls it "A unique memoir of the theatre."
This book, a library copy, is in fair-good condition--the mark of the library and the borrowing envelope--with a well preserved protective plastic dust jacket. The text is clean.
The book measures 6" by 9" by 1" and has 188 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.