Dark Gray Hematite Gemstone Necklace
In a stellar comeback, a mid 20th century gemstone necklace of subtle elegance will be in right on trend for today's casually dressy lifestyles. Shiny hematite, an enduring favorite stone for designers and for wearers alike, makes a cosmic statement in deep rich charcoal grey globes and, spaced along the front, 5 lustrous stars.
- Everyday elegant
- Simple, no frills
Necklace - 19.5 inches long = popular princess length
- Spheres - 3/16 inch diameter ( 4mm)
- Flat stars - 1/4 inch wide point to point by 1/16" thick ( 6mm x 2mm)
- Packaged weight: 3 ounces
- Semi precious stones - nonMagnetic hematite
- Gunmetal silver tone spring ring clasp
- Miranda says:
- With its dainty beads and minimalist design, this pretty little necklace will look fabulous worn solo or in layered in ensemble with other small strands and/or delicate chains (as shown in one of the photos).
- To allow the necklace to fall gracefully, I suggest letting it hang by one end for a day or so prior to the first wearing.
- Not knowing the full history of the necklace, I cannot be certain, but to my eye it appears to be an original handcrafted work of a gifted amateur jewelry maker, rather than a commercially produced and widely distributed design.
Please Note: Although chains shown in the photograph are not included with the necklace, depending on availability, we may be able to add one to your order. Please contact us in advance to discuss possibilities and pricing.