Drama Was a Weapon Left wing Theatre New York 1929 1941 Morgan Himelstein 1963
Drama Was a Weapon The Left-wing Theatre in New York 1929-1941, 1963 by Morgan Y. Himelstein enumerates the Communist Party's use of the New York Stage during the 1930s through its League of Workers Theatres.
The study shows the success and failure of the Party to influence playwrights, their plays and the staging of their productions. It contains a tremendous amount of valuable information.
There are 8 pages of black and white illustrations from propaganda dramas.
This book, a first edition, is in fair condition. The binding following the front flyleaf shows weakening but the book remains firm and strongly bound. There a name on the flyleaf and two or three marks within the text. Mainly the book has been read a great deal and shows a little foxing and browning of pages. The dust jacket shows the most damage with tears and scuff marks.
The book measures 5 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches by 8 1/2 inches and has 300 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.