Dramatic Experience, 1958 Judah Bierman, James Hart, Stanley Johnson
Dramatic Experience, 1958 by Judah Bierman, James Hart and Stanley Johnson is an explanation of the Elements (action, theme and character) and modes (comedy and tragedy) of drama.
The book also explores the opportunities of the reader as the designer, actor and director of the drama in hand.
Included in this book to illustrate the Elements and Modes are the following dramas:
- Joseph Hayes,The Desperate Hours
- Robert Sherwood, Abe Lincoln in Illinois
- Henrik Ibsen, The Wild Duck
- William Saroyan, The Time of Your LIfe
- Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra
- William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
- Sophocles, Oedipus Rex
- William Shakespeare, Othello
- Federico Lorca, Blood Wedding
- Arthur Miller, Death of Salesman
These plays are enhanced with 8 pages of black and white stage scene photographs.
The copy is in good condition--firmly bound, no marks, no tears, very slight shelf wear, small marks of personal library ID removed from inside front cover, a little foxing and page browning.
The book measures 6 1/4 inches by 9 1/4 inches by 1 1/4 inches and has 549 pages.