Early German Theatre in New York 1840-1872, Altes Stadttheater Minority American Theater
Early German Theatre in New York 1840-1872, 1928 by Fritz A. H. Leuchs provides a thorough treatment of all German language theater in New York City.
- Emphasis upon each season at the Altes Stadttheater from 1854 through 1872 and the Neues Stattheater from 1864 to 1872.
- Eight Appendixes list detailed information on other German language theaters in New York.
- Such diversity in theater has always been a part of America: See https://prosperolane.com/products/ethnic-theatre-in-the-united-states-1983-edited-maxine-schwartz-sellers
- Good vintage condition. Strong binding! Pages are somewhat browned with age and there is slight shelf wear, but except for the written name of a previous owner there are no marks, no tears.
- This 298 page book measures 5 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches by 8 1/2 inches.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.