Eight Famous Elizabethan Plays Introduced by Esther Cloudman Dunn 1932
Eight Famous Elizabethan Plays, 1932 Modern Library Edition is introduced by Esther Cloudman Dunn.
Early substantial collection with excellent introduction, an old standby, first edition hardcover book.
- Plays included are :
- The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe
- The Shoemaker's Holiday by Thomas Dekker
- A Woman Killed With Kindness by Thomas Heywood
- Volpone, Or the Fox by Ben Jonson
- The Maid's Tragedy by Francis Beaumont and John Fletcher
- The Duchess of Malfi by John Webster
- A New Way to Pay Old Debts by Philip Massinger
- 'Tis Pity She's a Whore by John Ford
This Modern Library edition is in good vintage condition - green hardcover, strong binding, no marks or tears, normal browning of pages and shelf wear. As a collectible, and an antiquarian book that has been read for more than 80 years, this one shows careful use. Well stuck old book plate.
The book measures 5 inches by 7 inches by 1 inch and has 721 pages.