Elizabethan Age ed Harry Moore & Medieval and Tudor Drama John Gassner ed & Four Restoration Plays Louis Wright ed
Medieval, Elizabethan and Restoration Drama and Literature is presented in our unique set of 3 collectible vintage paperback books published during the 1960s.
The three books:
- Medieval and Tudor Drama, Edited with an Introduction by John Gassner, 1963, includes -
- The Four PP, John Heywood
- Everyman, author unknown
- Ralph Roister Doister, Nicholas Udall
- Gammer Gurton's Needle, anonymous
Gorboduc, Thomas Norton and Thomas Sackville
- Elizabethan Age, Edited with an Introduction by Harry T. Moore, 1965, includes contributions by -
- Richard Hakluyt
- Thomas Wyatt
- Francis Bacon
- Roger Ascham
- Christopher Marlowe
- Ben Jonson
- John Knox
- Edmund Spenser
- Thomas Dekker
- John Donne
- Walter Raleigh
- Philip Sidney
- Four Restoration Plays, Edited with an Introduction by Louis B. Wright and Virginia A. LaMar, 1964, includes -
- All for Love, John Dryden
- The Beaux' Stratagem, George Farquhar
- The Way of the World, William Congreve
- The Country Wife, William Wycherley
As a convenient reference these books present the best plays of the periods as well as excerpt the most significant literary efforts of the Elizabethan Age.
All books measure 4 1/4 inches by 7 inches by 1 inch and have, in historical order, 457, 544 and 478 pages.
Although having browned pages and showing shelf wear, all have firm bindings and strong spines. Only the Medieval volume has significant markings; none have tears; Elizabethan Age is clear, and Restoration has only three marks.