First Theater in America, (1896) 1968, Hon. Charles P. Daly, LLD
First Theater in America, first published in 1896 and reprinted in 1968, was written by the Hon. Charles P. Daly, LLD (1816-1899), a New York politician and justice of the New York Court of Appeals. He had widespread interests and wrote a number of books.
First Theater in America When Was the Drama First Introduced in America? An Inquiry includes A Consideration of the Objections That have Been Made to the Stage. Daly acknowledged his debt to the Dunlap Historical Society for his information, but historians of American theater have not paid much attention in print to his observations.
- A curious book in American theater history, this is a copy of the 1968 reprinting by Kennikat Press. It is in good condition with a photograph of Daly as a frontispiece.
- The book measures 5 1/4 inches by 7 1/4 inches by 1/2 inch and has 115 pages.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.