Footlights Across America Towards a National Theater, 1929, Kenneth Macgowan
Footlights Across America Towards a National Theater, 1929 by Kenneth Macgowan provides an illustrated history of American Theater and the Little Theater Movement with attention to theater programs in university education.
Major sections include: Past and Present, Drama in Education, Aesthetic Aspects, Economics and Organization. Within these divisions there are 18 chapters showing the author's perceptive observations and experiences.
There are 9 appendices in this volume including "The Plays of some outstanding theatres," such as the Neighborhood Playhouse, the Provincetown Players, the Cleveland Play House, the Pasadena Community Playhouse, the Hedgerow Theater and the Dallas Little Theater.
There is a list of "thirty-five leading local theaters" among the plethora of information in this book.
There are 64 line-cut illustrations and 31 halftone illustrations on glossy paper.
The book is in fair condition;the half-title page is loose and the binding is weak at that point and at the final page. Otherwise, the book is firm with well browning pages, a signature on the flyleaf but a text free of markings and tears.
It has 398 pages and measures 6 inches by 9 inches by 1 3/4 inches.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.