Gentleman from Indianapolis, 1957 Booth Tarkington
The Gentleman from Indianapolis, 1957, is a collection of Booth Tarkington writings--10 stories plus 3 complete novels: Alice Adams, Penrod and The Magnificent Ambersons. Many pen and ink sketches bring life to the stories.
Booth Tarkington (1869-1946) became quite wealthy as a playwright with most of his plays coming to Broadway, a writer of stories and as a best selling novelist, two of which won Pulitzer Prizes. Some are still popular in television versions.
This book, 5 3/4 inches by 8 1/2 inches by 1 3/4 inches is in fair condition. Top and bottom of the spine shows wear; the back binding at the cover is beginning to show mesh; the pages are beginning to brown. But the whole book, quite substantial as an anthology with three novels, is in firm condition, and the cover a pretty green with black spine.
The book has 732 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.