Plays by George Kelly: Daisy Mayme, Craig's Wife, Weak Spot
George Kelly, Severe Moralist for America, wrote Social Problem plays: Daisy Mayme and Craig's Wife plus The Weak Spot, a Popular Vaudeville Sketch.
- George Kelly (1887-1974) was a Pulitzer Prize winning American playwright most popular during the 1920s with Craig's Wife, 1925, establishing his reputation as a severe moralist in the modern world.
- Daisy Mayme, 1926, was a successful Broadway comedy with Josephine Hull.
- Kelly was also a stellar creator of vaudeville farces of which The Weak Spot, 1925, is an excellent example.
- As time passed Kelly wrote more very moral dramas and worked in the film industry as did many others of his generation, and eventually his niece-- movie star Grace Kelly.
Craig's Wife and Daisy Mayme are hard cover library discards, probably rebound by a library,1925. Both are in good condition, firm in binding, without tears or marks except by the library and showing browning of pages but almost no shelf wear. They measure 5 inches by 7 1/2 inches by 1 inch and have 174 and 193 pages respectively.
The Weak Spot, 1925, is an acting edition paperback of 43 pages, a little smudged and browned of pages but firm and in good condition.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.