In Defense of History, 1997 Richard J. Evans
Not what is history but how do we find it! Richard Evans challenges all in his Defense of History. American edition.
The study of history as a distinctive type of knowledge enabling a usable reconstruction of a verifiable past! This is Evans' objective: In Defense of History.
Considering the historian's tools--facts, science, morality, cause and effect, society, power, chance--Evans provides an argument and a game for the readers.
This book is in excellent condition, almost new with a near perfect plastic cover and jacket. A little foxing on the top surface.
The book measures 6 1/4 inches by 9 1/2 inches by 1 inch and has 287 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.