Journals of Thornton Wilder 1939 to 1961, 1985 Edited Donald Gallup. Plus The Emporium.
Journals of Thornton Wilder 1939-1961, selected and edited by Donald Gallop also contains two scenes from "The Emporium," an uncompleted play, and a Foreword by Isabel Wilder.
This 18 page foreword by Isabel Wilder, Thornton's sister, shows a distinctive view of the man who wrote the American classics,"Our Town," "The Bridge of San Luis Rey" and "The Skin of Our Teeth."
The Journals are a remarkable record of Wilder's thoughts about his contemporaries, his plays and all of his writings both finished and unfinished. As self-evaluation, his journals become a revealing and permanent part of American literature.
The book is in very good condition, a little foxing and some slight shelf wear on the dust jacket. It is hardcover with 354 pages and measures 6 1/4 inches by 9 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.