Pictorial History American Theatre 1860 to 1980, 1981, Daniel Blum & John Willis
Pictorial History of American Theatre 1860-1980 by Daniel Blum and enlarged by John Willis in 1981 has 6000 photographs of stars of stage and film: the famous and the infamous - from John Wilkes Booth to Susan Sarandon, from Gypsy Rose Lee to Marlon Brando.
Ranging in size from full-page to 1 inch by 1 1/8 inches, the photographs include portraits, head shots and production promotional photos. Each performer, from vaudeville to famous movie star, is identified, and the limited accompanying text provides interesting information about each decade up to 1901, and about every theater season year-by-year afterward.
Let's call the condition of the book fair to good. There are one or two penned-in corrections; three or four of the photos have been snipped out (it is hard to find the places) and one page (53-54) is loose but present. The pages are otherwise clean and tightly bound, and the book cover is almost perfect. The dust jacket, however, is a bit ragged but surely worth keeping.The book measures 9 1/4 inches by 12 inches by 1 1/2 inches and has 464 pages. There is an index.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.