Language in Action, 1941 S. I. Hayakawa
Language in Action A Guide to Accurate Thinking, Reading and Writing, 1941 was written by S. I. Hakayawa. For a generation of college students this "general system for clearing the mind of harmful obstructions" became an easy and practical guide in their daily lives.
This First Edition copy shows much usage in terms of browning pages and soiled cover, but the book has marks only on the front reverse cover, flyleaf and page 103. It remains clear and without tears and is very firmly bound. It measures 5 inches by 7 1//2 inches by 3/4 inch and has 243 pages.
For your amusement I include the mimeograph guide my freshman English teacher gave to his students in 1941 to help us understand this memorable and remarkable book.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.