Literary Friends and Acquaintance, 1900 W. D. Howells Illustrated 73 Photographs
Literary Friends and Acquaintance A Personal Retrospect of American Authorship 1900 By W. D. Howells Illustrated with 73 Photographs was published in this First Edition with leather, gold marked and decorated covers by Harper & Brothers Publishers in 1900.
Howells (1837-1920), well remembered as "the Dean of American Letters," describes in Eight Parts his early visit to New England, his first impressions of New York, his return to Boston and his friendship with Oliver Wendell Holmes, Longfellow, Lowell and his Cambridge neighbors.
Basically, this edition of Howells' writings is a treasure for readers familiar with his work and American literature because of the publishers' inclusion of 73 distinctive photographs.
Unfortunately, the covers of this copy have become attached, BUT the bound text is firm and strong and the illustrations are very well preserved. There are no marks or tears and the pages are browning.
The book measure 5 1/2 inches by 8 inches by 1 1/2 inches and has 288 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.