Main Street, 1920 Sinclair Lewis
Main Street, 1920 by Sinclair Lewis is an American classic. The original publishers and the author hoped it would sell 10,000 copies its first year. It sold 300,000. As critics agree, it reveals America and its villages everywhere.
This copy is in good vintage condition, strong binding, no marks or tears, pages browned.
- Presumably published in 1920 by P. F. Collier & Son Company (which existed with offices in New York 1919-1934), this copy shows only the copyright date of 1920--which is accurate with Harcourt owners of the copyright and the original publishers.
- The original publication of Main Street had 448 pages; this copy has 451 pages and none of the identifying marks of the first edition.
- Collier (in one company or another) published Collier's Magazine and has a long publishing history.
This is a good early hard cover copy of Main Street, probably among others arranged at the time for this extremely successful publishing venture.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.