Mary Poppins, She Wrote The Life of P. L. Travers, 1999 Valerie Lawson
Mary Poppins, She Wrote The Life of P. L. Travers, 1999 by Valerie Lawson is the story of that complicated nanny, as kind as she is threatening, by its equally peculiar author P. L. Travers (1899 - 1996).
- Travers said that she did not want a biography written after her death, but here it is, carefully researched, well illustrated and perceptively presented.
- Mary Poppins, created in 1934, not the cheery character of the Disney film.
- Mary Poppins --tart, sharp, plain and vain.
Follow the life of the Australian journalist--Pamela Lyndon Travers--active in the literary circles of Yeats and Eliot, theosophist, disciple of Gurdjieff.
Learn more about the mysterious Nanny and meet her equally mysterious and inscrutable creator.
This paperback book is in good condition--well bound, no marks or tears, clearly well cared for. The more than three dozen pictures are impressive. The book measures 6 inches by 9 inches by 1 inch and has 401 pages with notes, bibliography and index.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.