Modern Egyptian Drama, Farouk Abdel Wahab, 1974
Modern Egyptian Drama An Anthology edited by Farouk Abdel Wahab in 1974 includes four plays of modern Egypt.
Egyptian theater and drama came to the attention of world theater only after the 1960s in spite of Egypt's theater history dating back 5000 years.
As an introduction to the plays in this anthology there is a 15,000 word essay by the editor on the history and development of Egyptian drama and its dramatists. Wahab also provides twelve pages of information on the four dramatists whose plays are anthologized:
Tawfig al-Hakim, The Sultan's Dilemma
Mikhail Roman, The New Arrival
Rashad Rushdy, A Journey Outside the Wall
Yusuf Idris, The Farfoors
This hardcover book is in fair to good condition, strong binding with shelf wear, some foxing and occasional comments throughout. The book has 493 pages and measures 6 1/4 inches by 1 1/4 inches by 91/4 inches.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.